Friday, March 18, 2011

Green Goodness: Lunch Time!


From their facebook profile

Green Goodness is still here! I figured it's Patty's day week for another 2 days and almost the beginning of spring (which is another event that makes our brains scream GREEN! or at least mine anyway. Especially living in a frozen urban wasteland) so we might as well wrap this up. Besides, I've been dying to post on my new favorite lunch spot since I found it a week ago. Taim Mobile Food Van. Yes it's a van, or a truck or what have you, and it makes some of the best sandwiches I've ever had! (Check out the full restaurant here). The top of the roof is a lovely shade of lime green, but that's not why I picked it. I picked it because of their Falafal sandwich. Green Falafal at that! You're Welcome. No really, those of you who do not already know about this van should be thanking me. See, every day the line to get one of these sandwiches (or platters, or smoothies) gets longer and longer!  Like epically long. Soooooo long. It was pretty bad today. I waited 30 mins. Food vans or carts are supposed to be quick y'all. I was not annoyed tho, because it is worth the wait and it's always a good thing when you see fair priced, well produced and freshly made food being supported. In fact I'm hoping that this gets a bit out of control and they have the means and demand to open a location in Midtown West or 2 trucks! Or a truck on every corner! That would be nice! Their Green Falafal Sandwich is super fresh. Each one has about 4-5 falafal balls, hummus, Tahini, Israeli Salad and Pickled Cabbage (ask for the spicy sauce on the side too!) and at $5.75 is a little more expensive than traditional carts but a steal considering the quality of ingredients you are getting. So find out where they are headed next. Follow them on twitter, get their early and make sure you don't tell the impatient, hungry devotees in line that I sent you ;)

2 comments:

  1. If your urban brain screams GREEN maybe what it is really trying to tell you is that you should come to the next APW Farm meet up during the green-explosion that is spring.

    Just guessin'

    Also, Taim, YUM! I've had them at Bryant Park for lunch. Nom nom nom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you might be right! I grew up in the Berkshires (lived in Albany burbs for 2) and am definitely missing that country air. You have to keep me posted on the next meet up. I'd say I would bring Taim but I think it might be more like "Green Grossness" after a road trip ;) Thanks for the visit and comment on my new baby blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...